BURLINGTON Massachusetts: SoftInWay Inc., an international provider of turbomachinery design software and training, is honored to report the release of AxSTREAM 3.0., the software suite for design, optimization and retrofitting of axial, radial, mixed flow and counter-rotating turbomachinery.
The new version was developed to smoothen the engineering process and enable users to design efficient and highly-performance machines. Some of the noteworthy improvements of AxSTREAM 3.0 include:
1. Increased software flexibility due to:
* Extensive base of elements which allows for modeling of extremely complicated flow paths using ducts, heat exchangers (enabling simulation of interstage cooling and reheating for multistage industrial turbomachinery) and pressure valves;
* Preliminary Design Solution Generator which generates a set of solutions within specified ranges and finds correlation between design parameters and performance;
* Design Space Explorer module which visualizes results and helps make the optimal design selection.
2. Faster design time resulting in engineering hour savings because of:
* Upgraded preliminary design module allowing users to search for multiple optimal solutions and take into account various geometrical constraints including the overall flow path length;
* Multi-window viewing that ensures control of different stages of design process;
* Integrated 3D CFD solver AxFLOW that allows saving time on pre- and post- processing and overcomes the usual challenge of interformat data conversion.
3. Enhanced usability: visualization of data using the integrated profiling and 3D blade design modules that enable the real-time blade surface control.
To familiarize engineers with the latest AxSTREAM updates and accelerate the speed of learning, the SoftInWay team develops classroom-based and online training. These courses are meant for both the current software users and beginners interested in applying AxSTREAM to their engineering tasks.
Dec 14, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio