Attendees from Around the World Experience the Power of the Possible.
LAS VEGAS - Autodesk University (AU) 2010 is expected to reach more than 150,000 designers, engineers, architects and digital artists through a series of global in-person and virtual events taking place from November 2010 through February 2011. Now in its 18th year, Autodesk University is the annual series of user conferences for Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.
The event provides training on the latest Autodesk 3D design software, free certification opportunities and the chance to interact with and learn from other users and design industry leaders. The 2010 series of events offers:
* The broadest and deepest curriculum of Autodesk technical content taught by top instructors
* One of the largest gatherings of design professionals and industry and product experts in the world
* A mix of business and social activities where attendees can share ideas with peers and meet industry leaders from around the world
The series of events was kicked off in mid-November with Autodesk University China and Autodesk University Japan, which attract a combined audience of nearly 2,000 attendees. Autodesk University Las Vegas and Autodesk University Virtual run from November 29 through December 2 and will offer approximately 500 classes and 150 virtual sessions. In-person and virtual attendees can train with the latest tools and techniques alongside top instructors, Autodesk insiders and industry experts. Virtual attendees can access key industry sessions and interact online with peers and experts. Autodesk University Virtual is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. New this year, Autodesk University Virtual is free for students, educators and participants in the Autodesk Assistance Program.
Highlights of events at Autodesk University Las Vegas:
* Lineup of world-class innovators for General Session talking about the impact of design:
o Emily Pilloton, Founder, Executive Director, Project H Design
o Ron Paananen, Project Administrator, Washington State Department of Transportation
o Scott Summit, CTO, Bespoke Innovations
o Dmitriy Tseliakhovich, Graduate Student of Astrophysics, Singularity University
o Franz von Holzhausen, Senior Design Executive, Tesla Motors
o Cliff Plumer, CEO of Digital Domain
* 3D design software on workstations from HP and Dell at the Best-in-Class Product Lounge
* Design Matters customer showcase displaying the latest innovations from Autodesk customers and Autodesk Labs
* Autodesk Clean Tech Partners Tesla Motors and Pi Mobility exhibiting their latest designs and innovations
* Mobile Art Gallery, featuring 10 artists exploring ideas, artwork and design using mobile products, all of which will be sold to benefit charity
A series of more than 200 events in 45 countries will take place through February through the Autodesk University Extension program. These events are hosted by Autodesk Authorized Training Partners (ATC).
Dec 6, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting