BUDAPEST – Team Safari Tour, led by Yasuo Ichii, and representing the giant general contractor firm Obayashi Corp., captured the Best Project Award by a corporate team at Build Live Tokyo in October using ArchiCAD.
Competing corporate and student teams were assigned the task of creating a new media art center. Participants had to ensure that the new center would be an exceptional space for people to gather and experience art, nurture creativity among visitors, and function as an exhibit space and research center. “We achieved the challenging mission by making full use of ArchiCAD and its various applications, and were very happy with the prize-winning results,” said Yasuo Ichii, Team Safari Tour leader. “BIM cut down the design time, and enabled us to use the design in the construction planning,” he added.
Four of eight of the corporate teams, and six of the eleven student teams created their designs with ArchiCAD. In total, 10 teams using ArchiCAD won awards, making this one of the most successful competitions for ArchiCAD users at Build Live Tokyo. In addition to the Best Project Award, ArchiCAD users also won 2nd place, as well as the Incentive Award, Engineering Award, BIM Technology Award, EcoDesign Award, and Design Innovation Award.
In total, 16 out of 32 teams used ArchiCAD at all of the competitions thus far. And, for the third time in a row, a team using ArchiCAD has won the top prize at Build Live Tokyo.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting