ShapeSpace and AESSiS Joint Solution Embeds Geometric Search in Aras Workflow to Intuitively Identify and Eliminate Duplicate Parts and Increase Part Reuse.
ANDOVER, Mass - Aras®, an enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, ShapeSpace, developer of the world-leading geometric shape search technology for CAD and PLM, and AESSiS, an expert in PLM solution services for complex engineering processes, have developed a 3D Geometric Search connector for the Aras Innovator PLM suite that goes beyond traditional search methods, enabling designers, engineers and others in the product design workflow to locate and identify parts and components based on shape, size or other attributes. 3D geometric search improves part reuse, reduces part number counts and optimizes external part purchasing and part inventories, resulting in dramatic cost savings for the business.
The 3D Geometric Search connector combines ShapeSpace’s adaptive browser, and geometric indexing and retrieval algorithms with AESSiS’s in-depth knowledge of the Aras PLM suite to enable users to locate, navigate and filter product shapes and manage part libraries from within the Aras PLM environment.
3D geometric search enables engineers to quickly and easily locate and use previously designed parts and build future products based on common standard parts. As Andy Sherlock CEO ShapeSpace explains, “3D geometric search goes far beyond traditional metadata and key word searching, creating a unique geometric signature for every CAD model, comparing that signature across tens of thousands of models and delivering instant results displayed in an intuitive and visual manner.”
“Until now, only the human eye has been able to determine if two part designs were the same. As new products are designed, the problem continues to build on itself resulting in the creation of massive part inventories for what is often the very same part. 3D geometric search embedded in the PLM system changes all that by automatically classifying part items and integrating duplicate analysis into the change and release workflows so every part is analyzed for reuse before it is released,” said James Byrne, CTO of AESSiS.
Dec 15, 2010
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012