ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler 2010 SP1 Provides a First-Class, 3D Geometry Editor to Improve the Engineering Simulation Process and Speed Time to Market.
PITTSBURGH, PA - ANSYS and SpaceClaim today announced significant new enhancements to ANSYS® SpaceClaim Direct Modeler software. Since 2009, SpaceClaim has been available as an option to ANSYS customers, and this new version further enables simulation engineering teams to address business, engineering, and geometry issues in 3D.
ANSYS recently released ANSYS 13.0, the latest version of its engineering simulation technology suite. ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler 2010 SP1, which is compatible with ANSYS 13.0, brings 3D solid modeling to analysts who work in a 3D world but do not want to become experts in traditional, feature-based CAD systems. It enables product development and design engineers to create and modify 3D geometry models without needing to learn complex and expensive CAD systems. As a result, simulation can be conducted earlier in the product development process, where it can have the most impact on performance, cost, and time-to-market.
"The latest version of ANSYS reflects our continuing commitment to provide significant competitive advantages for our users while allowing them to apply the software in a manner that fits their internal processes," said Jim Cashman, ANSYS president and CEO. "ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler is a critical tool for users to create, edit and simplify geometry models in a way that is best suited for simulation. Customers have adopted the technology at a rapid rate."
SpaceClaim's flexibility, ease of use and compatibility with traditional CAD products has helped thousands of users productively apply 3D to concept modeling, bid modeling, and model preparation. Throughout the supply chain, manufacturers are improving how they do business by leveraging SpaceClaim.
"ANSYS continues to be a leading technology innovator, making it easier, faster, and cheaper to bring new products to market through the evolution of Smart Engineering Simulation," said Chris Randles, SpaceClaim President and CEO. "Our partnership with ANSYS is empowering engineers worldwide with new levels of design and simulation flexibility. In this economic environment, manufacturers are relying on solutions that will cost-effectively enable their engineering organizations to continue to drive innovative products that create market demand."
The new functionality in ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler 2010 SP1 includes:
* New SpaceClaim designs can be directly created and edited from the ANSYS® Workbench™ project schematic
* Simultaneous associativity capabilities now automatically update parameters and name selections between SpaceClaim and ANSYS Workbench
* Enhanced repair features make cleaning up dirty geometry easier than ever
* Automatic inlet and outlet detection algorithms further expedite volume extraction
* Beam modeling supports cross-section optimization
* A new extend tool supports trimming and extending between curves and surfaces to facilitate beam and shell modeling
One customer using ANSYS SpaceClaim Design Modeler is Schramm, Inc., which provides global customers with land-based hydraulic drill equipment for mining, energy, geothermal and other applications. "An important part of Schramm's competitive advantage is our ability to be at the forefront of technology and drilling industry standards," said Thomas Ronge, mechanical engineering lead, Schramm. "We have progressively improved the function and quality of our products to provide world-class performance and reliability. Advanced tools such as ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler provide us with the ability to easily and quickly design and prepare models for simulation as we create new drill rig products or customize products for customer requirements."
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel