SANTA ANA, CA - MSC.Software Corporation today announced that Advanced Manufacturing Institute in Malaysia has been using MSC.Software solutions including MD Nastran and Patran as the basis for delivering advanced training and education in the aerospace engineering curriculum.
The Advanced Manufacturing Institute (AMI) is one of Malaysia's leading aerospace engineering tertiary institutes engaged in extensive training, research and consulting that addresses the unique needs of aviation, aerospace, and related industries. AMI is considered to be one of the cradles for Malaysia's aerospace industry. AMI has been partnering with MSC.Software as one of the hand-picked providers for its engineering software solutions in providing a curriculum that is both flexible and efficient for its multiple aerospace disciplines and well integrated with industry market requirements.
"Malaysian aerospace manufacturing is a fast growing industry and has been a significant contributor to the Malaysian economy. With further government initiatives targeted at developing the aerospace industry in preparation for the high-income economic era, the industry requires more skilled manpower in various disciplines including design, manufacturing, maintenance, overhaul and repair," said Puan Jasmin Baba, Chief Operating Officer, Advanced Manufacturing Institute. "MSC.Software's proven leadership in the aerospace industry has immediate as well as future value to the group and is mapped to key corporate initiatives at AMI."
"The Advanced Manufacturing Institute in Malaysia has risen to the challenge in preparing a new leadership that will address the needs of the aerospace engineering requirements in the next five years. The industry not only requires students to be equipped with leading engineering software skills but also demands that graduates be work-ready directly upon employment. MSC.Software is proud to be able to meet these challenges with AMI," said Alias Isa, regional director, ASEAN and Australia, New Zealand, MSC.Software.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments