ROCK HILL, South Carolina - 3D Systems Corporation announced today that the company was voted the “Leader in Digital Manufacturing and Rapid Prototyping” by the readers and registrants of Design World and Design World Online in a global competition that took place between January 1, and October 31, 2010. The Digital Manufacturing and Rapid Prototyping category included 10 companies engaged in the development and manufacture of 3D printers, Rapid Prototyping and Additive Manufacturing systems, services and materials.
3D Systems pioneered Additive Manufacturing with the invention of Stereolithography®, the .STL file format and Selective Laser Sintering over two decades ago. In the past 10 years, the company led the adoption of large-scale custom manufacturing solutions for a variety of aerospace, defense, transportation and healthcare applications and developed Multi-Jet-Modeling, a game changing technology platform, from which the company launched its best-selling portfolio of 3D Printers. During the past year 3D Systems commenced building the largest and most comprehensive global 3Dproparts™ services network along with innovative and affordable entry level content-to-print solutions for the office, classroom and hobby shop.
“The vote is in, the readership of Design World has spoken and we’re honored to receive this special recognition, particularly on the eve of celebrating our 25th anniversary, representing a quarter century of Additive Manufacturing innovation,” said Abe Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems. “We are deeply grateful to the inventors and pioneers, early adopters and customers who shared our vision and leveraged our technology for the benefit of humankind. We are committed to democratizing access and accelerating the adoption of affordable 3D content-to-print solutions to an even broader audience the world over.”
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel