Honored With the Commendation of Prime Minister for His Contribution in Fostering Local 3D Convergence Industry, Nurturing Talents and Economic Development in Korea.
SEOUL, South Korea – Dassault Systèmes (DS) announced that Young-bin Cho, general manager of Dassault Systèmes Korea, has won Commendation of Prime Minister for attracting foreign investment during ‘Foreign Company Day 2010’ hosted on November 3 by Ministry of Knowledge Economy and organized by Korea Foreign Company Association. This celebration also rewards the key role of Dassault Systèmes in the undisputable successful transformation of industries like Automotive, High Tech, Electronics and now Shipbuilding.
“I am proud to lead the Korean teams of a company so fully committed to delivering competitive advantage to the Korean industry through its unique collaborative innovation approach, its industry orientation and investments in Korean talents in Daegu,” said Young-bin Cho, general manager, Korea, Dassault Systèmes. “Dassault Systèmes is strongly committed in Korea and our success in the shipbuilding industry is an additional illustration of that willingness to make a difference, involving the entire ecosystem of an industry. The shipbuilding sector certainly gained from our strong track record in other industries and I am looking forward to serving additional domains in my country.”
Dassault Systèmes shipbuilding R&D center in Daegu, which is regarded as the best R&D center in terms of 3D technology in Korea set up by a software company, will contribute not only to the existing development of shipbuilding industry, but also discovering the next generation of profit models for this industry in new areas such as cruises, yachts and leisure boats.
To drive the 3D convergence industry successfully, Dassault Systèmes partners with Daegu city and Kyungpook National University. In addition, Young-bin Cho was appointed as the head of “Korea 3D Convergence Industry Forum”, a key organization driving 3D convergence industry business, and announced his commitment to fostering 3D convergence industry in Daegu, Gwangju and province of Gyeongsangbuk-do.
Nov 4, 2010
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel