Next generation search-based technology gives instant access to all relevant data in Sharepoint.
Orlando, FL – Dassault Systèmes today announced that its subsidiary Exalead, a global leader of information access solutions and search-based applications, has been selected by the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center (CAC) to speed access to critical military information. The CAC -Fort Leavenworth, Kansas- is using Exalead CloudView as their primary search engine for information and documents in Microsoft SharePoint.
This announcement is another illustration of the continuous commitment of Exalead to the government sector, where 100% accurate, comprehensive, secure and instant access to huge volume of both structured and non structured information is required. Exalead Cloudview solution is the only open search-based platform providing the speed, scalability and flexibility required for these highly constrained environments, whether it is inside secured data warehouses or on the web.
A critical part of CAC’s mission is to provide the U.S. Army easy access to tens of thousands of current documents, as well as documents dating back decades. CAC uses Microsoft SharePoint to enable collaboration to improve business processes – but wanted to boost productivity by improving search engine functionality.
Previously, CAC users often spent hours looking for documents in SharePoint. With Exalead, these same documents can be found in seconds.
CAC chose Exalead’s search-based application as its SharePoint search engine for several reasons, including:
- Faceted navigation improves speed and effectiveness of searches: Exalead’s easy-to-navigate user interface, especially the multi-faceted search, makes finding materials and information much faster by showing more relevant information instantly using the Exalead unique award winning index technology.
- Certificate of Network Worthiness (CoN): Exalead is currently being evaluated for CoN, a requirement for all enterprise software products that operate in the Army Enterprise Infrastructure network. CoN certificates verify that software meets the highest standards for security, interoperability and sustainability. Exalead’s CoN tracking code is NETSUB-08454.
- Multiple security controls and integration: CAC requires the utmost in security and found that Exalead cloudview platform provides the flexibility necessary to meet all the requirements, including integration with the Department of Defense Common Access Card smart cards issued to active-duty military personnel, reserve personnel, civilian employees, other non-DoD government employees, state employees of the National Guard, and eligible contractor personnel.
Nov 9, 2010
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel