SUNNYVALE, Calif — Trimble opened its 5th international users conference on Monday with more than 2,900 registered attendees from 67 countries around the world. The Trimble Dimensions 2010 conference theme—Converge, Connect and Collaborate—provided insight into how the convergence of technologies can redefine the way professionals connect and collaborate to achieve success. The conference explored the use of technology in a wide range of applications including surveying, engineering, construction, mapping, GIS, geospatial, utilities and mobile resource management. Trimble Dimensions 2010 was held November 8-10 at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.
"We are extremely pleased with the continued and strong interest demonstrated in Trimble Dimensions," said Bryn Fosburgh, Trimble vice president. "It is truly a unique conference focused on how advanced technology solutions are transforming the way work is done."
Attendees had the opportunity to network with key industry leaders, build partnerships, develop new contacts, build partnerships, discuss opportunities and discover how to overcome obstacles in today?s competitive business environment. With more than 400 sessions across multiple specialty tracks, the conference focused on increasing productivity in the field and the office by revolutionizing work processes.
The conference included an off-site demonstration and training area plus a Partner Pavilion that showcased the complete suite of Trimble construction, survey, engineering, mining, aerial and mobile mapping, GIS, utilities, infrastructure, mobile computing, forestry and agriculture solutions, including products from Accubid, Applanix, Meridian Systems, Pacific Crest, QuickPen and Spectra Precision. Highlighted solutions and technologies included GNSS; total stations; field computing and data collection; 3D scanning; pre-design construction planning; 3D visualization; Building Information Modeling (BIM); construction project management; aerial mapping; wireless communications; data transfer; field and office software; and smart grid applications. Other technology providers who are Trimble partners also participated to extend the conference?s range of products and applications.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel