Immersion TouchSense® technology enhances the usability of Tastitalia’s Tasthaptic® products.
CASTELFIDARDO, Italy - Tastitalia, a premier supplier of high-tech user interfaces, headquartered in Italy, and Immersion Corporation (NASDAQ: IMMR), the leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, today announced that they have entered into a reseller agreement. Tastitalia will integrate Immersion’s TouchSense 1000 and 2000 technology into its touch screen and display units under the Tasthaptic product name.
“We are pleased to bring Immersion’s TouchSense technology to Tastitalia’s product portfolio,” explains Joe LaValle, Vice President of Sales for Immersion. “As touch screen technology becomes more ubiquitous, companies are discovering the power of applying haptics technology in providing superior touch solutions to many markets. We’re excited to have Immersion technology enhancing Tastitalia’s Tasthaptics product line.”
Targeted for the industrial, medical, automotive and aerospace markets, Tasthaptic touch screens use sealed resistive or capacitive touch panel technology designed to stand up to harsh environments. By incorporating Immersion’s TouchSense technology, Tasthaptic touch screens provide tactile response and rich touch effects to enhance the display’s usability in noisy and distracting environments. In addition to the tactile effects, the Tasthaptic touch screen provides a gapless surface which is easy to clean and sterilize. The frontal protection level can reach IP67 or NEMA 6.
“Tasthaptic touch displays are designed for applications that require a robust and reliable input solution,” explains Paolo Accattoli, VP Research and Innovation of Tastitalia. “By incorporating Immersion haptics technology we’re enhancing the usability of our products by providing fast tactile response that creates the perception of mechanical buttons and switches without compromising the ruggedness of our display solution. The result is a more intuitive, natural, and multisensory experience that offers unparalleled value-added benefits to the entire control unit that reaches a new level of innovation.”
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program