Leading Italian certification company for the shipbuilding industry achieves optimal noise levels through the use of MD Nastran.
SANTA ANA, CA- MSC.Software Corporation today announced that RINA, a leading Italian certification company for the shipbuilding industry, has selected MD Nastran, MSC.Software's flagship solution for multidisciplinary analysis, to help customers reduce noise and vibration levels of vessels earlier in the development cycle.
RINA has been one of the first certification companies that decided to adopt and apply the new regulations defining the levels of acoustic comfort of vessels, certifying approximately 50 ships and 20 pleasure yachts with respect to acoustic levels. MD Nastran provides an integrated and efficient solution that includes both structural and acoustic simulation capabilities within a single solver, mitigating the need for multiple codes.
"In order to avoid exorbitant rebuilding costs, it is of crucial importance for a naval shipyard to make sure that the maximum noise levels remain below the thresholds imposed by the regulations as early as possible in the development cycle," explains Angelo Tonelli, Research Engineer from the Naval Vessels Technical Section of RINA. "In this sense, the simulations performed with MD Nastran provided us with valuable information which helped us to determine corrective actions in order to reduce the noise levels on the deck of the vessel."
"We are extremely pleased by the results obtained by RINA," says Kais Bouchiba, Senior Vice President at MSC.Software. "This example proves that the technology provided in MD Nastran represents a faster, more accurate and efficient simulation solution to solve both interior and exterior acoustic problems within a single software package."
MD Nastran, a comprehensive solution for next generation design and development, offers true multidiscipline simulation in one, fully-integrated system. Designed for manufacturers who need to perform interoperable, multidisciplinary analyses on increasingly complex models, MD Nastran offers key capabilities that drive efficiency and streamline processes.
Nov 9, 2010
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers