Bangalore – PTC, The Product Development Company, today announced that Rafiq Somani the company’s Country Manger in India, has been promoted to Area Vice President for PTC, India.
In his new role, Somani will be responsible for driving PTC India’s growth in Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) across key verticals such as Automotive, A&D, Industrial, Publishing, Retail and Footwear and will get involved in key strategic decisions within the company.
"PTC’s growth prospects look bright, both globally as well as in India. We are now in a unique position to lead the industry in both CAD and PLM spaces. With the unveiling of the new game changing vision through “Creo” design suite solutions, we are expecting to redefine the mechanical CAD market in similar way we did with our Windchill PLM suite," Somani said while talking about his role as the Area Vice President.
Somani began his career with PTC in 1996 and until recently, held the position of Country Manager. Since joining PTC in 1996, Mr. Somani has held various positions in PTC’s India sales operations. He has over 20 years experience in the IT and the PLM industry and holds a degree in Computer Science Engineering and Master degree in Marketing Management.
"This is truly the most exciting time of my career and we at PTC are confident that we can unleash the potential we have in front of us and help our customers and industry get competitive advantage and benefits never experienced before," he said.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012