Omnify Software, a provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for electronic, medical, mechanical, and defense manufacturers, today announced that Z Microsystems, the leading designer and manufacturer of rugged, mission-ready computers and display equipment, and DRS Test & Energy Management, LLC., a leading designer, integrator and producer of diagnostic, health management, rugged electronics, and energy management systems for combat vehicles and weapon systems for U.S. ground forces worldwide, were the recipients of the 2010 Omnify Software Customer Innovation Award presented during Omnify's 2010 customer conference.
The Omnify Software Customer Innovation Award honors customers that have demonstrated the ability to maximize their use of the Omnify Empower PLM system. Z Microsystems was the recipient of the overall Innovation Award for their achievement in leveraging the core PLM functionality of Omnify Empower as well as newer modules to address issues beyond their initial Product Lifecycle Management requirements. "Even though we have been successfully using Omnify Empower to help us manage and control our product lifecycle, there were other features of Omnify that just recently became very valuable to our organization as we started to prepare for our ISO certification annual audit," stated Susana Young, engineering administrator for Z Microsystems. "We have leveraged the document vaulting, permission controls, unlimited attributes, automatic notifications, and more recently, the training management capabilities in Omnify Empower. This has helped us to improve our processes for managing and controlling SOPs and we are extremely grateful to receive this award from Omnify for our success."
DRS Test & Energy Management, LLC. was the recipient of the Innovation Award for Process Excellence. The company implemented Omnify Empower PLM to transition from paper-dependent to automated, formal processes.
"We feel that customers should be recognized for their ability to capitalize on all of the functionality of Omnify Software to improve their overall product development processes," stated Jack Rowntree, chief operating officer for Omnify Software. "We are thrilled to honor Z Microsystems and DRS Test & Energy Management with the Innovation Award for their tremendous achievements."
Nov 4, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets