Seoul - INUS Technology, Inc. today announced the release of Rapidform XOV2 Service Pack 2, which brings major improvements to the application's reporting and 3D scan measurement capabilities. Rapidform XOV takes data from any 3D scanner and enables manufacturers to quickly verify that parts are within specification. This latest release sharpens XOV's focus on allowing fast, easy inspection of parts and seamless interoperability with popular CAD software.
Highlights of the 50+ enhancements include:
* New 3D scan measurement tools: All of XOV's extensive GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) tools are available for use on 3D scan data, without the need for a CAD model. Users can now freely measure scanned parts, and XOV will automatically define features and calculate results for flatness, cylindericity, circularity, straightness, etc.
* Virtual calipers: Any part can be measured in the same way as with physical calipers inside the software. A part can quickly be scanned, and saved for future measurement at any time. Imagine taking a measurement on tooling that is on the factory floor, without having to stop the line!
* Streamlined virtual CMM: Like virtual calipers, XOV can also simulate a CMM's measurements on a scanned part, offering the same time-saving benefits.
* Two new 3D scanners added to liveScan: XOV can control 18 of the most popular 3D scanners, and with SP2 that now includes Nikon Metrology's handheld scanners and Perceptron's ScanWorks xyz for laser scanning on CMMs.
* Enhanced automation: XOV's batch process tool gains several enhancements, including the ability to process groups of scans automatically. It will also automatically print out complete inspection reports after processing each scan or group of scans.
The new service pack will be released the week of November 10, 2010. Rapidform customers on maintenance will see an auto-update prompt when they run XOV.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012