AVEVA one of the world's leading providers of engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, today announced the successful conclusion of its new global series of AVEVA World Summits. Organised for AVEVA customers and partners, three regional Summits were presented throughout the month of October in Amsterdam, Las Vegas and Beijing. With a focus on business and project strategy topics for mid-level and senior management, the new AVEVA World Summits complement AVEVA's popular User Group meetings that address more technical product subjects for engineers and operators.
Adopting the theme of "Engage - Inspire - Deliver", 2010 was the first year that AVEVA conducted the Summit series for their customer community around the world. More than 800 delegates at the three regional conferences attended business strategy presentations and participated in a range of social and networking activities over the course of the two day events. Combining both the plant and marine industries, each Summit had a mix of speakers that included AVEVA senior management, independent analysts, and customer case studies.
"We were extremely happy with the delegate attendance and feedback from the Summits," explained Steve Tongish, VP of Marketing at AVEVA. "Attendance at all three events exceeded our expectations and in Beijing we had to stop taking registration because our venue was at capacity. It was our objective to provide AVEVA customers with insights into their industries, as well as technology and project strategies that they can apply directly to their business. The response from our delegates has been overwhelmingly positive. The AVEVA World Summits are just one activity within the larger AVEVA World Community, and we will be building on the success of the Summits with additional programs in 2011."
"For the first time, we brought together our customers from the plant and marine industries in a single event," commented Richard Longdon, AVEVA's CEO. "By combining expertise from both industries, companies were able to share their experiences across different disciplines. The Summit program gave them the opportunity to see the challenges facing organisations in other markets and network with their colleagues. Pooling our collective knowledge is what the AVEVA World Community is all about. I'm pleased that the 2010 Summits provided the foundation for such a positive exchange of information for everyone that attended."
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012