FORT WORTH, TX - Pointwise has announced the latest release of its Pointwise computational fluid dynamics (CFD) meshing software with a wide ranging set of new tools.
The surface meshing formulation of the T-Rex (anisotropic tetrahedral extrusion) hybrid meshing algorithm first developed for Pointwise's Gridgen software now is available in Pointwise. At the other end of the meshing spectrum, a new tool has been added for moving individual grid points. Other notable new features include the ability to split and join faceted geometry models and the extension of the CAE plugin API for writing your own CAE solver export to structured grid formats.
"Pointwise Version 16.04 represents a great stride toward providing in Pointwise all the tools our customers have come to rely upon in our Gridgen software," said John Chawner, Pointwise's president. "At the same time, we continue to add unique tools like Tweak for the ultimate control over individual point placement. So in addition to expanding capability, Pointwise delivers a vastly superior customer experience with its user interface and workflow."
The new release of Pointwise, Version 16.04, also includes 64-bit support on Mac OS X, annotation entities, printing to PNG, TIFF, and BMP files, and 11 new or updated CAE software interfaces.
Pointwise, Inc. is solving the top problem facing engineering analysts today - mesh generation for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The company's Gridgen and Pointwise software generates structured, unstructured and hybrid meshes; interfaces with CFD solvers, such as ANSYS FLUENT, STAR-CD, ANSYS CFX and OpenFOAM as well as many neutral formats, such as CGNS; runs on Windows (Intel and AMD), Linux (Intel and AMD), Mac and Unix, and has scripting languages that can automate CFD meshing. Large manufacturing firms and research organizations worldwide rely on Pointwise as their complete CFD preprocessing solution.
Nov 24, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Surfware Appoints Romeo Engineering Inc. as New VAR in Texas