Global Civil Engineering Consultants Increase Simulations to Reduce Costs and Improve Safety.
SANTA ANA, CA - MSC.Software Corporation, a leader in multidiscipline simulation solutions that accelerate product innovation, today announced that Knight Piésold South Africa has selected MD Nastran to optimize civil structural design, focusing on large dam analysis. By selecting MD Nastran, Knight Piésold SA will be able to harness the power of a multidiscipline solver environment, resulting in a competitive advantage.
MD Nastran is an integrated simulation system with a broad set of multidiscipline analysis capabilities. The software will enable Knight Piésold SA to simulate everything from a single part to complex assemblies and carry out a diverse set of virtual tests. MD Nastran allows the handling of a multitude of increasingly complex simulations from linear to nonlinear to post-failure. Using MD Nastran, the company will reduce its dependency on disconnected point solutions, and improve analyst efficiency through the use of common data models. With precise representation of complex interactions between disciplines, Knight Piésold SA will accurately predict and correct the design behavior much earlier in the design cycle, and avoid unexpected operational faults during use.
"After careful evaluation of products and support services that can complement and extend our current simulation capabilities, we selected MSC.Software's competent products and local support availability," said Gawie Steyn, Branch Manager, Knight Piésold Consulting, South Africa. "We have a reputation for world-class engineering, incorporating innovative solutions and best quality products with the greatest efficiency. This is why we are excited to partner with MSC.Software, a thought leader who recognizes just how important this is to our business."
"Our partnerships with top-notch engineering consulting companies like Knight Piésold SA help extend the MSC family to better serve the industry," said Kais Bouchiba, Sr. VP of EMEA Sales at MSC.Software. "We are pleased to provide multidiscipline simulation software to this innovative engineering firm, and trust that the company's use of MSC technology will deliver value-add to the engineering community they serve."
Nov 11, 2010
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012