Global Civil Engineering Consultants Increase Simulations to Reduce Costs and Improve Safety.
SANTA ANA, CA - MSC.Software Corporation, a leader in multidiscipline simulation solutions that accelerate product innovation, today announced that Knight Piésold South Africa has selected MD Nastran to optimize civil structural design, focusing on large dam analysis. By selecting MD Nastran, Knight Piésold SA will be able to harness the power of a multidiscipline solver environment, resulting in a competitive advantage.
MD Nastran is an integrated simulation system with a broad set of multidiscipline analysis capabilities. The software will enable Knight Piésold SA to simulate everything from a single part to complex assemblies and carry out a diverse set of virtual tests. MD Nastran allows the handling of a multitude of increasingly complex simulations from linear to nonlinear to post-failure. Using MD Nastran, the company will reduce its dependency on disconnected point solutions, and improve analyst efficiency through the use of common data models. With precise representation of complex interactions between disciplines, Knight Piésold SA will accurately predict and correct the design behavior much earlier in the design cycle, and avoid unexpected operational faults during use.
"After careful evaluation of products and support services that can complement and extend our current simulation capabilities, we selected MSC.Software's competent products and local support availability," said Gawie Steyn, Branch Manager, Knight Piésold Consulting, South Africa. "We have a reputation for world-class engineering, incorporating innovative solutions and best quality products with the greatest efficiency. This is why we are excited to partner with MSC.Software, a thought leader who recognizes just how important this is to our business."
"Our partnerships with top-notch engineering consulting companies like Knight Piésold SA help extend the MSC family to better serve the industry," said Kais Bouchiba, Sr. VP of EMEA Sales at MSC.Software. "We are pleased to provide multidiscipline simulation software to this innovative engineering firm, and trust that the company's use of MSC technology will deliver value-add to the engineering community they serve."
Nov 11, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel