In September 2010, InnovMetric reached a significant milestone in the deployment of its universal 3D metrology software platform, PolyWorks, in the automotive industry. Five major Japanese, American, and German automotive OEMs now daily use more than 100 software licenses each. These key customers globally own more than 1250 licenses.
The outstanding success of PolyWorks in the automotive market is based on a strong technical and human foundation:
• The flexible PolyWorks toolbox enables metrology-based problem-solving techniques in tooling and assembly engineering, and delivers critical analysis tools to accelerate product development;
• PolyWorks is a universal platform that supports all point cloud digitizing technologies as well as major brands of contact-based portable probing devices, which helps reduce training cost, increase employee productivity, and allow the sharing of metrology projects throughout the whole organization;
• InnovMetric's worldwide support infrastructure, complemented by Duwe 3D AG in Germany and Tokyo Boeki Techno-System in Japan, offers unsurpassed technical support to PolyWorks end users.
"We are extremely proud of this achievement after 12 years in the automotive market. It shows the high level of trust built, over the years, between our customers and us. With our major technical progression in terms of contact-based probing capabilities, the sales of PolyWorks in the automotive industry have significantly increased in 2010. Six other automotive OEMs and two first-tier suppliers will soon be joining the club", said Marc Soucy, president of InnovMetric Software.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers