NIST Certifies Geomagic Studio and Geomagic Qualify 3D Reverse Engineering and Inspection Software.
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C – Geomagic® has announced that its reverse engineering and 3D inspection software has received a full validation from the USA’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The test verifies accuracy of features in the company’s software for a wide range of geometry used in Geomagic Studio® 12 and Geomagic Qualify™ 12. NIST is accepted and recognized worldwide as a leading indicator of accuracy for technology and in setting and testing standards for it.
“We are very pleased to receive this certification,” said Ping Fu, CEO, Geomagic. “This achievement reassures existing and new customers of our continued commitment to excellence in the field of 3D reverse engineering and inspection. It also reflects the constant advances in technology that Geomagic’s software engineers achieve almost on a daily basis.”
The evaluation covers least-squares fitting methods in both Geomagic Studio and Geomagic Qualify. It was tested on 240 datasets representing geometry types including lines, circles, spheres, cylinders and cones. For example, results for circles and cylinders were accurate to less than 10-4 microns in position and radius and 10-4 arc seconds in angle of tilt compared to the official reference values. More details of the NIST certification for Geomagic reverse engineering and inspection software are available for download.
Geomagic Studio, Geomagic Wrap, and Geomagic Qualify are all available as 30-day free trial downloads.
Nov 16, 2010
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012