Firehole Technologies’ Engineering Services Branch announced a contract relationship with Farr Yacht Design, Ltd. The contract award entails analytical evaluation, design review and modification recommendations for a high performance ocean racing yacht. Mark Bishop, a Senior Design Engineer at Farr Yacht Design, spoke of Firehole’s performance, “We’ve been looking for an engineering firm that provides state-of-the-art analytical skills, timely/reliable delivery, personal interaction and flexibility. In Firehole I believe that we’ve found them. They shrink the gap between technical analysis and physical design; this makes it possible for us to interface directly with their staff and make real-time corrections and modifications to the design. This saves our team hours, money and frustration. Firehole also offers one of the most impressive and unique methods of composite evaluation we’ve seen – Helius:MCT™ – a product that lets us see exactly how composites perform under extreme loads. Tools like this allow us to maximize performance and optimize weight while still maintaining safety margins.”
Farr Yacht Design, Ltd. is acknowledged as the top racing-yacht design team in the world based upon one of the most extensive and impressive records of winning yacht racing results ever compiled by a single design group. Their long-running record of achievement dates back more than 25 years and includes 40 World Championships won in Farr designs and a multitude of design successes at internationally prestigious grand prix yachting events such as the Volvo Ocean Race (formerly the Whitbread Round the World Race), America’s Cup, Vendee Globe, Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, Barcelona World Race, Transat Jacques Vabre, Copa del Rey and many others.
“What is the common denominator between a land-locked company like Firehole and a successful marine business like Farr Yacht Design? Composites. To compete in today’s market -- to take a perfect design and make it better -- you have to push the reset button. Most industries see composites as exceedingly complex and exotic. Farr Yacht Design knows what it takes to win, they know we have the technology and tools to help forge the winner and keep it on-target. Together, I know we’ll see nothing but success” said Bill Wright, Director of Engineering at Firehole.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets