Latest version of feature-based software provides enhanced drawing support and associativity for all leading CAD systems, plus new 64-bit capability.
SOUTHFIELD, MI — Elysium Inc., a provider of design data exchange software, has announced the release of CADfeature 10.0, their feature-based design data translator tool. The software works with computer-aided design (CAD) systems to preserve design intent, control remastering, heal workflows, and protect intellectual property (IP)—all of which improves data quality, reduces migration costs and increases security throughout the supply chain. The latest release includes enriched drawing support and associativity for an expanded roster of widely used commercial CAD systems, as well as new 64-bit processor support.
“CADfeature is a software quality tool that is of particular value to manufacturers, large or small, who are part of extended supply chains that involve different CAD systems,” says Abdul Shamma, chief technology officer for Elysium. “Vendor-neutral interoperability tools save a great deal of time by correcting models preemptively, thereby heading off a host of downstream problems.”
Parker Hannifin’s Aerospace Group, which has been using a number of Elysium interoperability products for over seven years, recently added CADfeature 10.0 to their portfolio of data quality tools. “We use CADfeature when transferring design data to customers and suppliers so they can receive models in the type, version, and release of CAD system that their own engineers or manufacturing team prefer,” said Bob Deragisch, the Group’s engineering services manager. “This allows our engineers to design the original model as required with all the rich functionality our own CAD system provides. Then, before we send our geometry to customers or suppliers, we employ CADfeature 10.0 to get the data to the point where they can best utilize it. The Elysium tool invariably comes out with the precision that we need.”
With the increased digitization of the manufacturing environment, automation—as a highly integrated part of data storage, archiving and translation of models to and from the supply chain—can greatly boost productivity and reduce costs for OEMs and suppliers of every size. Elysium has continued to enhance the scope of its CADfeature software so that Version 10.0 can now be used with all the leading CAD systems.
Highlights of the new CADfeature 10.0 release include:
· Greatly enhanced drawing support that goes far beyond layout translation to include detailed view definitions, section view, annotations, fonts, and symbols (user defined and standard)
· More robust associativity when translating dimensions
· Up to 64-bit support for all CAD systems and versions (previous maximum was 32-bit)
(For a complete list of new system compatibilities and enhancements in CADfeature 10.0 call 248/799-9800 or visit www.elysiuminc.com).
Core CADfeature capabilities continue to include: a unique part-mapping function that automatically consolidates all numbers associated with an identical part within an enterprise; a remastering tool that updates all revisions to feature-based parts and assemblies; an incremental translation checker that identifies and automatically includes previously translated parts into subsequent translations; a scalable metadata attribute mapping tool that provides tracking information for all newly translated and standardized data; and an automated geometry verification process that compares 3D mass properties and point cloud data between source and destination CAD systems.
The huge volume and depth of data that CAD files now contain is a topic of concern for product designers and manufacturers alike, notes Ken Tashiro, vice president and COO of Elysium. “As the marketplace becomes increasingly global, the protection of IP remains a top priority.”
CADfeature can be applied to de-feature full parametric models, leaving a reliable design reference in the form of a complete feature tree of B-Reps alone. “The tool allows us to control the IP in our models before we export them,” says Deragisch. “In this way a supplier who is just providing us with resurfacing work, for example, doesn’t have access to a complete reconstruction of our model.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012