Company recognized as one of Greater Washington’s top government contractors for its dynamic, fun workplace environment.
Herndon, VA – DLT Solutions, a value-added reseller in government information technology (IT) products and services, today announced that it has been named the Star Workplace [medium and large] winner in the inaugural GovStar Awards, a program by SmartCEO magazine and Sheppard Mullin. The GovStar Awards Star Workplace award recognizes DLT for creating a dynamic, fun workplace environment for its employees.
"We have made several investments over the past year in many areas including programs for employee morale, wellness, going green, training and philanthropy," said Chris Laggini, vice president of human resources for DLT Solutions. "We are very grateful to SmartCEO for recognizing our efforts with this award. My gratitude also goes out to our leadership team and employees who have made DLT a great place to work."
DLT Solutions has implemented many key initiatives aimed at shaping its corporate culture into one that is conducive to learning, empowerment, social responsibility and leadership. One of DLT’s achievements has been the creation of Going Green, Wellness, and Social Committees to improve employee environmental efforts, health and morale. In addition, the company’s HR team has developed a "learning community" that includes employees at all levels – from vice president to the newest college graduates in the organization. Recently, the company formed Retention Advisory groups—employees who provide policy recommendations to the senior leadership designed to make DLT a great place for a long career. All of those investments have led to positive results in reduced employee turnover, increased collaboration, training opportunities, and more team building activities for the DLT population.
"Government contracting is a vital part of the Greater Washington marketplace. We recognize the tireless efforts of these finalist companies and are proud to celebrate their accomplishments and share their stories for other CEOs to read and learn from," says SmartCEO publisher Jaime Nespor-Park.
SmartCEO and Sheppard Mullin announced the GovStar winners at the Crystal City Hyatt on October 26, 2010. A portion of the proceeds were donated to the Wounded EOD Warrior Foundation, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that provides assistance to Wounded EOD Warriors and their families in the form of financial relief.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting