Dassault Systèmes combines all its R&D Laboratories in India under 3DPLM Software Solutions Ltd. (3DPLM).
Paris, France, November 9, 2010 ─ Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announces it strengthens its R&D activities in India. Dassault Systèmes increases its share into 3DPLM and combines under 3DPLM all DELMIA, ENOVIA, CATIA, SIMULIA and Solidworks Research & Development activities, currently based in Bangalore and Chennai.
Through its holding company, DELMIA India will become a part of 3DPLM. This acquisition will result in a change in the holding pattern of 3DPLM, increasing Dassault Systèmes’ share from 30% to 42%. The completion of the transaction is conditional to regulatory approvals and is expected to occur in 2011.
Dominique Florack, Dassault Systèmes Senior Executive Vice President, Products R&D, commented: “Today’s announcement is the result of our successful R&D activities in India, which started by our DELMIA laboratory in Bangalore more than 20 years ago. 3DPLM Software Solutions has been an important contributor to Dassault Systèmes global research and development platform since 2002. The expansion of our partnership today underscores the solid growth dynamic in India and Dassault Systèmes ambition to leverage this environment with deeper and more agile R&D capabilities. Moreover, by increasing our stake in 3DPLM, Dassault Systèmes both reinforces its R&D presence in the region as well as advances its innovation strategy in India for the long term. Finally, I am pleased to seize this opportunity to salute the continued high performance of Dassault Systèmes and 3DPLM R&D employees in India who will be given new opportunities to contribute to our success. I am looking forward to working with our unified team of more than 1,000 highly skilled employees.”
Mr. Shashank Patkar, CEO, 3DPLM added: “We are very pleased with this transaction which illustrates the confidence of Dassault Systèmes in our capabilities. This is a testimony of the excellence of work we do, and the speed with which we have become an integral part of Dassault Systèmes’ R&D ecosystem. We are welcoming all Dassault Systèmes R&D India employees who have been demonstrating over the years their strong skills in digital manufacturing”.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel