Ottawa, ON - Corel today announced the newest edition of the company's technical graphics software, Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5. Designed for technical illustrators and technical graphic users alike, this new version contains key enhancements to precision tools, extended 3D visualization capabilities, new format support for enterprise standards such as WebCGM 2 and S1000D, and for the first time, the renowned creative capabilities of CorelDRAW® X5. This complete suite brings together tools that enable users to create, interchange, and deliver standardized technical graphics with accuracy and speed.
Complete Solution for Visual Technical Communications
Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite X5 includes key tools and intuitive features for businesses and technical communicators that rely on technical illustrations and diagrams to quickly and effectively communicate the strengths of their products and services. Users will enjoy the versatility and power included in this new version, allowing them to take on a wide range of technical graphics projects including assembly instructions, user guides, maintenance manuals and floor plans that can be outputted to various media, such as print, online and interactive electronic technical manuals (IETMs).
"Working alongside our users, we understand the importance of including key features that support every stage of the technical illustration and design workflow," said Klaus Vossen, Product Manager for Corel DESIGNER. "We are thrilled to deliver a fully integrated suite of professional technical illustration, 3D visualization, photo editing, and bitmap-to-vector conversion tools with even greater power and flexibility so that our users can quickly get started on a wide range of projects."
Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5 Highlights Include:
* Precise technical illustration with Corel DESIGNER® X5: A specialized application for precision vector drawing, page layout, and diagramming that meet the demands of professional technical illustrators.
* 3D Visualization with Right Hemisphere® Deep Exploration™ 6 CSE: An application to quickly transform 3D designs into accurate 2D graphics and to leverage existing CAD assets. Open, view, modify, and output 3D models, such as AutoCAD®, Google® SketchUp™ (SKP), 3D Studio (3DS), and Virtual Reality Modelling Language (VRML). There is also an optional add-on for Native 3D CAD Support with Right Hemisphere® Deep Exploration™ 6 CCE - an application for providing native support for 3D CAD systems such as CATIA®, Pro/ENGINEER®, SolidWorks®, Autodesk® Inventor®, NX and more.
* Creative graphic design and page layout with CorelDRAW® X5: A renowned and intuitive vector- illustration and page-layout application giving technical illustrators and technical graphics users an additional creative toolset.
* Professional image editing with Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X5: A professional image-editing application to quickly and easily retouch and enhance photos.
* Bitmap conversion with Corel® PowerTRACE® X5: A utility to quickly and accurately convert bitmaps, such as scanned blueprints, into editable vector graphics.
* Simple screen capture with Corel® CAPTURE™ X5: A one-click screen capture utility to capture images from a computer screen.
* Search and find content with Corel® CONNECT™: A full-screen browser to search digital content on local networks or online sources to quickly find content to compliment a design.
* Enhanced Industry Standards Compliance and File Format Support: Support for leading formats including WebCGM 2.0/2.1, S1000D, PDF/A, AutoCAD DWG™ and DXF™, Microsoft® Visio® (VSD), SVG, DOCX, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and more. Corel DESIGNER® X5 also offers enhanced support for Adobe products, including Illustrator® CS5, Photoshop® CS5 and Acrobat® 9.
Connect to Technical Design Assets
Included in Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5 is Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration 6 CSE, a 3D visualization application to view, modify and output 3D files as 2D vector illustrations. The optional upgrade to Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration 6 CCE, provides native support for 3D CAD systems such as CATIA, Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, NX and more. Also included in the suite is Corel CONNECT, to search digital content on local networks or online sources to quickly find content to complement a design.
Create Technical Illustrations with Confidence
With Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5, users benefit from drawing and diagramming tools that let them create technical illustrations and design with confidence. In addition to a wide range of color enhancements and advanced technical design and callout tools, the suite includes an enhanced professional image-editing application and the creative design power of CorelDRAW X5 to complement the technical graphic workflow.
Publish to Technical Communication Standards
Also included in Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5, users get industry leading file format compatibility, including enterprise standards such as WebCGM 2.0/2.1 and S1000D, new and enhanced features for outputting Web graphics, and compliant with other standards-based systems, such as CMS, PDM, and PLM.
Pricing and Availability
Customers in North America can purchase Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5 for $ 999.00 SRP (USD and CAD) and $ 499.00 SRP for the upgrade version.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program