Tolland, CT – CNC Software announces the release of Mastercam X5. Mastercam X5 introduces significant new capabilities, including new dynamic milling techniques, multiaxis machining, Smart Hybrid Finishing, and much more.
New Dynamic Milling Techniques
Dynamic milling constantly adjusts the toolpath to ensure the most efficient cut possible and allows use of the entire tool flute length, often eliminating the need for multiple depth cuts. New dynamic milling techniques include Dynamic Rest Mill and Dynamic Contour. Dynamic Rest Mill behaves in a manner similar to the current toolpath, only it uses dynamic milling motion instead of core mill or area mill motion for the rest operations. Dynamic Contour uses an intelligent, efficient high speed contouring strategy to remove material along walls. It supports multi-passes and can optionally include finishing passes.
Much easier multiaxis machining
Mastercam’s multiaxis suite has new machining techniques and a new, easy, workflow-oriented interface. Mastercam lets you choose the basic type of work you’re doing using clear illustrations, and then gives you a clear, step-by-step process for defining how you’ll cut the part. Mastercam’s multiaxis machining also includes a new highly specialized interface for smooth, gouge-free engine head porting.
Fast, aggressive, intelligent roughing
Mastercam’s new 3D surface high speed OptiRough toolpath is a new technique designed to remove large amounts of material quickly using its successful dynamic milling motion. Large, aggressive cuts are followed by fast, smaller up-cuts, safely delivering a fully roughed part faster than ever.
Smart Hybrid Finishing
Hybrid finishing intelligently blends two efficient cutting techniques in a single toolpath. This new toolpath evaluates the model shape and smoothly switches between Constant Z cutting and Constant Scallop machining. The result is a dramatically finer finish with less work.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments