PANAMA CITY, Fla - CMPRO is the first product lifecycle management (PLM) tool to get a five star rating from the Institute of Configuration Management (ICM) for CMII compliance. CMPRO was assessed on October 10, 2010 and received five stars under the revised rating criteria; which means that CMPRO is the first tool to provide all 144 of the functionality elements for the CMII model.
The revised rating criteria for CMII compliance reflect a configuration management tool's functionality based on 144 elements. The functional elements assessed include: as-planned and as-released baselines, validation and release records, changes and revision records, business program management, and more. According to the ICM's 5-Star Rating System for Enabling Software Tools, "CMII is a business model for achieving integrated process excellence. It provides an infrastructure which enables organizations to accommodate change and keep requirements clear, concise and valid. Without this capability, an organization has no choice but to operate in the corrective action mode and spend a huge ratio of their resources on intervention." For more information on the CMII standards and the new rating criteria visit the CMII Compliant Tools page on the ICM Website.
Professional Systems Associates builds CMPRO, product lifecycle management software designed for the aerospace and defense industries. CMPRO accommodates organizations that need full support of the CMII process model, DoD practices (such as MIL-STD-973), and mainstream industry standards (such as ANSI/EIA-649); and who would benefit from having DoD practices integrated with the CMII process model.
The Institute of Configuration Management is one of the worldwide providers of CMII training and certification. CMII expands and realigns the objectives of Configuration Management to: provide an infrastructure to achieve integrated process excellence; accommodate change; keep requirements clear, concise and valid and records and data accurate; and ensure that work products conform to their requirements in each case. The CMII infrastructure is achieved by integrating all configuration management-related elements into one cohesive unit, as needed to accommodate change and keep requirements clear, concise and valid.
Nov 4, 2010
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012