LGS 3D will be integrated into CimatronE’s new industrial motion simulation and analysis solution.
Givat Shmuel, Israel – Cimatron Limited (Nasdaq: CIMT), a provider of integrated CAD/CAM solutions for mold, tool and die makers as well as manufacturers of discrete parts, and LEDAS Ltd, the independent provider of constraint-based design tools, component technologies, and software development services for the CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM market, today announced a new partnership.
Cimatron has licensed from LEDAS the geometric constraint solver LGS 3D and intends to use it within CimatronE software as a part of a new industrial motion simulation solution.
"We worked very closely with LEDAS to create a simulation product that is seamlessly integrated into CimatronE and that provides the right response for our customers," said Roy Sterenthal, Cimatron’s Vice President of Research & Development. "We appreciate LEDAS’s hard work and effort throughout the development of the product, and we are proud of the results that we have achieved."
Cimatron and LEDAS worked together for about one year to develop the new industrial motion simulation solution based on the LEDAS geometric constraint solver LGS 3D and a collision detection module provided by Cimatron. The combined technologies will allow CimatronE users to test the efficacy of their tool design, isolating problems at an early stage to achieve shorter overall design times.
"We have created a product that simulates motion in assemblies and also includes comprehensive collision detection, to cater to the specific needs of CimatronE toolmakers," said Alexey Ershov, Director, Research & Development, LEDAS Ltd. "Testing of the project, demonstrated on industrial scenarios provided by Cimatron, verifies the robustness of our solver for industrial CAD/CAM applications."
"We are very proud that our product has been chosen by Cimatron, one of the top 10 CAM software providers in the world," said David Levin, CEO and founder, LEDAS Ltd. "This demonstrates the high level of value that we offer to software developers, from start-up companies to world market leaders."
The new motion simulator will be released as part of CimatronE 10.0.
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel