NEWTON, MASSACHUSETTS (USA) - The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) recently released the latest freight flow data derived from the 2007 Commodity Flow Survey and other sources. The Freight Analysis Framework (FAF) Version 3 provides estimates of flows by tonnage and value by commodity type, mode, origin, and destination. FAF3 details domestic shipments between 123 U.S. zones and imports and exports from and to 8 international zones.
FAF integrates data from a variety of sources to create a comprehensive picture of US freight movement among states and major metropolitan areas by all modes of transportation. FAF version 2 (FAF2) provides estimates for 2002 and the most recent year plus forecasts through 2035. FAF version 3 (FAF3) improves and updates version 2 estimates with data from the 2007 Commodity Flow Survey and other sources (FHWA, 2010).
For your convenience, Caliper Corporation has processed the FAF version 3 data files to create TransCAD compatible files. All of these files can be downloaded from the Caliper User Center. If you are a TransCAD user you may register to obtain the free data at http://usercenter.caliper.com.
TransCAD has been designed to facilitate freight demand modeling as well as passenger models. TransCAD can manage all of your freight data no matter how many origins, destinations, shipments, or commodities are involved. TransCAD offers a complete solution for modeling commodity flows and truck movements. Freight traffic can be easily assigned to the transportation network and there are also specialized assignment procedures available for rail waybill assignment.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel