NEWTON, MASSACHUSETTS (USA) - The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) recently released the latest freight flow data derived from the 2007 Commodity Flow Survey and other sources. The Freight Analysis Framework (FAF) Version 3 provides estimates of flows by tonnage and value by commodity type, mode, origin, and destination. FAF3 details domestic shipments between 123 U.S. zones and imports and exports from and to 8 international zones.
FAF integrates data from a variety of sources to create a comprehensive picture of US freight movement among states and major metropolitan areas by all modes of transportation. FAF version 2 (FAF2) provides estimates for 2002 and the most recent year plus forecasts through 2035. FAF version 3 (FAF3) improves and updates version 2 estimates with data from the 2007 Commodity Flow Survey and other sources (FHWA, 2010).
For your convenience, Caliper Corporation has processed the FAF version 3 data files to create TransCAD compatible files. All of these files can be downloaded from the Caliper User Center. If you are a TransCAD user you may register to obtain the free data at http://usercenter.caliper.com.
TransCAD has been designed to facilitate freight demand modeling as well as passenger models. TransCAD can manage all of your freight data no matter how many origins, destinations, shipments, or commodities are involved. TransCAD offers a complete solution for modeling commodity flows and truck movements. Freight traffic can be easily assigned to the transportation network and there are also specialized assignment procedures available for rail waybill assignment.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012