BOSTON – They’re young. They’re sharp. They’re the rising stars of architecture, and they’re appearing Thursday at Build Boston 2010.
Representatives of three enterprising firms will join a panel discussion, “BIM and the Young Firm,” on Thursday, November 18, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston. The session will explore how these firms use new technology, including Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, to design, maintain open collaboration with team members, and set themselves apart from longer-established firms.
* Chris Grimley, Principal, over,under, Boston
* Sam Batchelor, Principal, designLAB Architects, Providence, R.I.
* Bradley Khouri, Principal, b9 Architects, Seattle
* Moderator: Greg Conyngham, architect and president of Integrated CADD Services.
These advanced design studios use ArchiCAD, the BIM software designed by architects for architects, because it helps them design the way architects think (in three dimensions), focus on their core competence (design), collaborate at will, make their projects sustainable, and grow their firms to the next level with confidence.
Four-year-old over,under is taking particular advantage of ArchiCAD’s flexibility and collaboration capabilities. “As a young firm, we’re extremely interested in how new technology informs our work,” says principal Chris Grimley. over,under uses ArchiCAD Teamwork to coordinate collaboration in its Boston offices, and the GRAPHISOFT BIM Server is helping the company go global.
ArchiCAD’s power, flexibility and collaboration capability helps designLAB create highly sustainable designs that have propelled its rapid rise from 114th to 21st place in Architect magazine’s second annual Architect 50.
Seattle’s b9 Architects, winner of the 2010 AIA Seattle Young Architect Award, uses ArchiCAD to inject new life into blighted environments through agile design, easy collaboration and powerful visualization.
Bulld Boston will take place Wednesday through Friday. The panelists will be available for conversations with conference attendees in the GRAPHISOFT booth # 630 on Thursday from 1PM to 3PM during the show.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012