New Easy-to-Use Application Now Available on Autodesk Labs Helps Make Sustainable Building Design Technology More Accessible.
CHICAGO - Autodesk, Inc demonstrated its latest conceptual energy analysis (CEA) tools at the Greenbuild Expo in Chicago. These tools are designed to help address the critical need for sustainability to be a factor during the early phase of a building’s design.
Technology highlighted includes the Autodesk Revit Conceptual Energy Analysis tool, which converts conceptual design models into analytical energy models for analysis in Autodesk Revit Architecture and Autodesk Revit MEP software. Released on September 30 as part of the Autodesk Subscription Advantage Packs for Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 and Autodesk Revit MEP 2011, the Autodesk Revit Conceptual Energy Analysis tool addresses sustainability at the early phases of building design by helping designers to see the energy required for their initial concepts.
Autodesk also demonstrated Project Vasari, a new, easy-to-use, stand alone conceptual modeling and energy analysis tool based on the Revit platform, which is currently available as a technology preview on Autodesk Labs. Project Vasari is designed to increase accessibility for early design phase conceptual energy analysis beyond current Autodesk Revit Architecture software users.
“A building’s sustainability is largely determined by key decisions made at the early conceptual design stage,” said Phil Bernstein, vice president of industry relations for Autodesk. “The motivation behind the Revit Conceptual Energy Analysis tool and Project Vasari is to recognize this need with real solutions for the market. With Project Vasari, the entire world, not just users of Revit Architecture 2011, can see and experience many of the benefits of applying energy analysis at the early conceptual design phase.”
Nov 16, 2010
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel