3D Mice Complement Speed and Collaboration Enhancements in Newest Product Line.
FREMONT, Calif – 3Dconnexion today announced support for SolidWorks® 2011, the newest version of the popular 3D CAD design software. 3Dconnexion 3D mice complement the many design improvements and capabilities offered in SolidWorks 2011, helping today’s engineers transform concepts into profitable results.
“3Dconnexion’s 3D mice help organizations across the globe work smarter and faster in SolidWorks,” said Dieter Neujahr, president of 3Dconnexion. “The enhancements in the 2011 software suite are poised to dramatically impact the ability of today’s design teams to bring ideas to market even faster, focusing on speed, collaboration and engagement – all of which are central benefits to designing with a 3D mouse.”
Leveraging a patented six-degrees-of-freedom sensor, 3Dconnexion 3D mice offer superior navigation and natural control by allowing SolidWorks users to simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate as if they are holding the model in their hand. In addition to providing SolidWorks 2011 users with a level of design interaction that is unattainable with a traditional mouse and keyboard, using a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse allows design engineers to control SolidWorks 2011 enhancements more intuitively and with more precise control. Highlights include:
* Advanced Design Review: 3Dconnexion 3D mice offer superior navigation, augmenting new capabilities in SolidWorks 2011. For example, in HVAC and Cooling Modules, a 3D mouse can aid the comprehension of flow analysis data, facilitating improved visualization of obstructions that might impede optimal flow patterns. In addition using a 3D mouse with the Defeature tool enables users to quickly review the model at different angles to ensure the appropriate level of detail remains.
* Enhanced Navigation and Efficiency: 3Dconnexion 3D mice offer design performance enhancements with programmable buttons for quick access to commonly used SolidWorks 2011 commands, enabling designers to better focus on their models. In addition, the QuickView Navigation keys on 3Dconnexion’s Professional Series 3D mice provide one-touch access to up to 32 different views.
* Intelligent 3D Navigation: 3Dconnexion 3D mice automatically follow the users point of interest to continuously determine the optimal center of rotation. Alternatively, SolidWorks users can easily pick a new center of rotation to suit the design task at hand.
The entire 3Dconnexion product line is compatible with SolidWorks 2011, including the Professional Series with the SpacePilot PRO (MSRP $399) and SpaceExplorer™ (MSRP $299), and the Standard Series with the SpaceNavigator (MSRP $99) and SpaceNavigator for Notebooks (MSRP $129).
Nov 24, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program