Vero Software, a provider of CAD/CAM/CAE solutions for the tooling industry, has announced that it has entered into an agreement with the highly respected MIRDC (Metal Industries Research and Development Centre) of Taiwan to link its CAD and CAM applications with MIRDC’s own software solutions and jointly promote these solutions to the mould and die makers of Taiwan and China.
Under the agreement, MIRDC will link its ERP solutions to Vero’s VISI die design and manufacturing applications. MIRDC will also promote and train potential and existing customers on the use and benefits of the software to further their capabilities in advanced mould and die applications.
Originally founded in 1963, MIRDC was setup to promote the growth and transformation of metal-related industries in Taiwan. To meet the demands of local industries, the centre has increasingly allocated its resources to research and now, MIRDC is the second largest research and development organisation in Taiwan and the largest organisation specifically focussed on the design and manufacturing of moulds and dies. Partly government funded, MIRDC provides invaluable services to the manufacturing community with bespoke projects for rapid manufacture, green and lean manufacture as well as value added services for project management and automation.
Specific areas of expertise include castings, metal forming, precision forming, precision mould technologies, precision press manufacture, welding, surface treatment, R & D, inspection, green technologies and many others.
Commenting on the agreement, Richard Youhill, Operations Director for Vero said “We are delighted to have the opportunity to work with such a highly regarded organisation as MIRDC. After establishing a CADCAM centre in 1981, they have been providing valuable assistance to the mould and die makers of Taiwan for nearly 30 years. With the addition of the advanced technology available within the Vero products, we are confident that we can add further value to the manufacturing sector in this country”.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets