ALMERE, NL – Carlson Software, U.S.-based developer of technically advanced design software for land surveying, civil engineering, construction and mining industries, established its new branch office, Carlson EMEA BV, this June in the Netherlands to support and expand the Carlson business in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Joining Jan Bech in the United Kingdom and Jesus Latova in Spain to make up the Carlson EMEA team are four industry experts who formerly worked for the European Topcon Sokkia group. Bech has been handling Carlson’s European and Canadian sales for the past four years and is a specialist in Carlson desktop solutions and Latova is the director of Data Collection Product Design for Carlson.
New EMEA team members include Rob van Etten and Floris van den Hoeven, who both bring a high level of technical support expertise and years of field experience. Van Etten has a long track record as GNSS hardware/software expert and van den Hoeven is a specialist in optical survey solutions and software. Aart Bakker has extensive experience with product development and international sales. He will work closely with Marcel Goyvaerts, a senior in the survey industry for international marketing and sales management. They complete the EMEA team.
“We see a steadily growing market of Carlson software users in Europe and the Middle East,” says Goyvaerts, who will be leading the operation. “The interest in Carlson for its data collection, CAD-design software, and machine control solutions has grown substantially over the past 10 years. It makes sense to establish an office in Europe with experts speaking the local language and knowing local market requirements. Plus, customers will benefit with the eliminated time zone,” Goyvaerts continues.
Aart Bakker adds, “It is a huge challenge for our new team to bring the Carlson business in the EMEA area to similar leading levels like in Carlson’s home market, the United States. We have all ingredients in place; the right team, excellent products, a clear market focus and flexibility to meet with the many different market needs.”
Carlson Software works closely with partners like Ashtech and Sokkia, providing versions of its popular data collection software SurvCE (also well known as TRITON in Spain). In addition, Carlson works with Leica Geosystems, MOBA Mobile Automation, Prolec Ltd., Ongrade Ltd., and Transtronic onadvanced Machine Control Solutions. Carlson EMEA will serve these partners, and also work to set up a distribution network of dedicated local dealers and strengthen “the local touch” in each market.
The Carlson EMEA BV office will be located in Almere, the Netherlands,
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio