VirtualGrid announces the release of a VRMesh plug-in, Cloud Decimator for AutoCAD 2011 software. The plug-in follows on the VRMesh's cutting-edge technologies and provides the ability to perform point cloud processing within the AutoCAD environment.
Large scan data often contain much more points than is necessary for visualizing the scan model. Efficiently reducing the size of point clouds without sacrificing accuracy can dramatically enhance the visualization of the scan model and improve the drawing performance of AutoCAD. The Cloud Decimator plug-in for AutoCAD 2011 lets you accurately de-noise and simplify point clouds while preserving the data in regions where the points are required. It also provides abilities to remove redundant or isolated points, offset points, and show elevation using a color map.
The plug-in supports multi-core systems automatically. It is available as a 32 bit/64 bit edition for a suggested price US$495. A 30-day trial version is available.
Autodesk and AutoCAD are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio