Teradyne, Inc has announced that the latest version of software (5.1) for the Spectrum™ in-circuit test system will include Test Expert™ software, the latest productivity software from Siemens PLM Software. The integrated software, Test Expert for Spectrum v9.0, interacts directly with Teradyne’s Spectrum test program development environment to expedite the process of importing electronic CAD and BOM data, the selection of appropriate test probe locations, and the automation of the test fixture design files.
Test Expert, a component of Siemens PLM Software’s Tecnomatix® software, is a solution that helps the high-tech and electronics industry automate test engineering associated with new product introduction processes for PCB assembly.
Test Expert replaces the FABmaster™ software that was available on previous versions of Spectrum software. It includes a new easy-to-use Windows’ user interface, BOM Import Wizard, user-defined library, interactive testability reports, flexible software licensing and support for more than 48 different CAD formats. To ease transition to the new software, Test Expert for Spectrum v9.0 was designed to support the import of existing FABmaster test projects.
“Teradyne is pleased to provide our Spectrum customers with the enhanced capabilities of Siemens PLM Software’s Test Expert solution,” said Bobby Griffis, marketing director for Teradyne’s Commercial Board Test Group. “Our collaborative efforts with Siemens PLM Software have resulted in a solution that will increase the productivity of Spectrum users. Test Expert for Spectrum v9.0 is a highly integrated and interactive implementation which shortens development time by allowing all CAD preparation activities to be performed from within the Spectrum project application.”
“We are glad that Teradyne has selected Siemens PLM Software’s Test Expert solution to optimize the front-end CAD translation, probe placement and fixture design activities for their Spectrum in-circuit testers,” said Tom Hoffman, director of Tecnomatix Product Marketing, Siemens PLM Software. “Our commitment to satisfying the demanding requirements of high-quality EMS equipment providers like Teradyne has made Test Expert the most widely used solution of its kind in the marketplace.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio