WHITE HOUSE, Tennessee – Striker Systems has announced that the latest release of FAB Professional, its sheet metal nesting and CAD/CAM software, has achieved certification for Autodesk Inventor 2011 Digital Prototyping software.
FAB Professional is designed for sheet metal manufacturers to automate the programming of CNC punching and cutting machines. It integrates with Autodesk Inventor 2011software via Striker’s unique PARTshare system. Digital Prototyping with Autodesk Inventor software gives manufacturers the ability to digitally design, visualize and simulate how a product will work under real world conditions before it is built, which helps reduce cost and speed time to market.
PARTshare provides direct access from Autodesk Inventor software to FAB Professional’s sheet metal nesting library. Parts can be added to the nesting library individually, or entire Inventor assemblies can be processed. PARTshare extracts data from the Inventor models to ensure the correct part revisions are being manufactured, raw materials are being properly allocated, and parts are being routed to the required CNC punching or cutting operations.
“Striker Systems is a long time strategic partner in our commitment to providing innovative design and manufacturing solutions for our sheet metal customers,” said Tim Gray, director of Inventor product management at Autodesk. “We are pleased to extend Autodesk Inventor 2011 certification to Striker Systems.”
FAB Professional’s PARTshare interface for Autodesk Inventor 2011 software provides true, real-time integration between engineering and manufacturing functions.
“Our goal with PARTshare is to automate the workflow of sheet metal fabricators,” comments Michael Boggs, Striker Systems Vice President of Sales. “Achieving Inventor 2011 certification underscores our commitment to this goal for Autodesk Inventor users.”
Apr 20, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio