Mumbai: Rolls-Royce and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), an IT services, business solutions and outsourcing firm, have announced a global engineering services partnership. TCS will provide Rolls-Royce with a range of engineering services across the entire product life cycle.
As part of the agreement, TCS will support and enable the Rolls-Royce strategy to expand its engineering services footprint in India. TCS will set up an engineering centre to cater to Rolls-Royce design and engineering requirements in Bangalore. Rolls-Royce chose to partner with TCS for their technical and project management capabilities, following a comprehensive and competitive evaluation process.
Anil Shrikhande, president, Rolls-Royce India, said, “India is a strategically significant market as well as an increasingly important technology services location for Rolls-Royce. The new collaboration with TCS, a world class company, will give us additional quality and cycle-time advantages.”
Regu Ayyaswamy, vice president and global head, engineering and industrial services, TCS, said, “This partnership with Rolls-Royce is significant to TCS. This will lead to high quality engineering solutions and services from TCS for complex aero engines under the Rolls-Royce standards of excellence.”
Aerospace and defence sectors have been a major focus for TCS and it has significantly expanded its engineering capabilities in this field. The agreement represents an important milestone for TCS in the aeronautical sector. TCS, over the years, has consolidated its position in the field of engineering services as a player with unmatched capabilities in the field of design and development, providing world-class services.
Apr 21, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio