HUNTSVILLE, Ala — PetroVietnam Marine Shipyard Joint Stock Co. (PV Shipyard) has selected Intergraph® SmartMarine® 3D engineering and design software to increase productivity and accelerate the completion of offshore projects.
To enhance its competitiveness in a bid for an offshore jack-up rig, PV Shipyard needed next-generation technology to assist in the design, construction and production of its current and future complex platforms. PV Shipyard also wanted engineering software from a stable and proven vendor that could ensure quality, accuracy and automated processes in producing the deliverables required for a number of other offshore contracts. After an intensive evaluation, PV Shipyard selected Intergraph for its comprehensive solutions suite, advanced technology, commitment to customers, proven track record and local distributor support from Intergraph's partner in Vietnam, Credent Technology.
SmartMarine 3D is the only next-generation 3D system which provides all the capabilities needed to design and build offshore devices from design to fabrication to operations and maintenance – all in a single, integrated environment. It is a rule-driven, data-centric, solution for streamlining processes while making it more useable over the operation, maintenance and modification life cycle of the device.
"We at PV Shipyard have been exploring the market for a industry-leading partner and solution to assist us in our plans to establish design, procurement, construction and management capabilities for building offshore facilities," said Phan Tu Giang, managing director for PV Shipyard. "Given the strong track record of the solutions and the commitment from the Intergraph and Credent team, we are confident that the solutions will prove to be invaluable to us at PV Shipyard."
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power and Marine president, said, "PV Shipyard selection of SmartMarine 3D further reinforces Intergraph's leadership in the offshore and marine sector. We have seen a steady adoption of SmartMarine 3D worldwide, as customers see the business gains they can achieve by using the first new technology in 20 years geared specifically for the offshore industry. Intergraph's solution will not only boost PV Shipyard productivity, but it will enable them to accelerate projects to better serve their customers."
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph the No. 1 overall engineering design 3D software and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013.
Apr 28, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets