Manchester, N.H — Newforma®, a software company addressing the project information management (PIM) needs of architecture, engineering and construction firms, today announced it will participate in the Stagnito Media Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) eConference 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (GMT–4) Thursday, April 22, at www.ipdconference.com/.
As IPD continues to gain momentum as an alternate approach to the traditional design-bid-build process, firms already using Newforma® Project Center have a tremendous advantage in meeting the requirements of IPD based upon transparent information sharing and shared accountability. As project teams commit to a shared risk and shared reward IPD business model, they depend on a deeper level of cooperation among team members, more open communication and timely information exchange. At this online conference, AEC industry experts from Newforma will be on hand to discuss PIM’s vital role in achieving IPD success, which requires firms to:
* Manage model-based design work processes that reference different special-purpose BIMs.
* Manage documentation, capture decisions, agree on workflows and streamline project delivery processes based upon repeatable best practices.
* Focus on more effective communication, team collaboration and information-sharing with full team visibility.
* Create a different project team culture based upon shared accountability and a “trust but verify” relationship model.
“Newforma Project Center assisted various firms in five out of the six ‘Integrated Project Delivery: Case Studies’ published by the AIA California Council in January 2010,” explained Newforma Chief Executive Officer Ian Howell. “By combining the design capabilities of BIM and the information management capabilities of PIM, project teams can absolutely meet their objectives for adopting an IPD approach to achieve on time delivery of the highest quality within budget for their clients’ projects.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio