ITI TranscenData announced today the release of Proficiency Collaboration Gateway 8.2, the latest edition of its leading Feature Based CAD Interoperability solution for manufacturers and their suppliers. Collaboration Gateway enables the transfer of complete design intelligence between major CAD systems which includes geometry, features, sketches, manufacturing info, metadata, assembly information and drawings in the conversion process.
Collaboration Gateway 8.2 introduces a new Drawing to PMI (Product Manufacturing Information) translation module, which extracts dimensions, tolerances, annotations, etc. from associative legacy drawings and converts them to the corresponding 3D PMI equivalents that are attached directly to the 3D model. The user can review and correct the exchanged PMI as necessary with an enhanced, state-of-the-art PMI Completion Wizard, which operates as a plug-in and tracks and validates any manual changes.
Highlights of the new release include:
* Drawing to PMI Translator for CATIA V5
Allows automated conversion of associative Product Manufacturing Information from 2D drawings to 3D models
* PMI Completion Wizard for CATIA V5
Allows for easy correction of converted 3D Product Manufacturing Information
* Better Support for Enterprise Deployment
Dramatically improves the speed of data exchange by allowing concurrent tasks on multi-processor workstations and streamlines IT maintenance and support by enabling Collaboration Gateway Agents to operate as a Windows service
The new version includes many other automatic data exchange feature support enhancements for I-deas, NX, Pro/E, CATIA V4 and CATIA V5 as well as more robust Collaboration Gateway Server architecture. Additional enhancements include:
* Support for NX Hole Package
* Improved support for large assembly export from Pro/E
* Improved performance of ditto/detail structure exchange from CATIA V4 to CATIA V5
* Support for Oracle data base
"The latest developments in Collaboration Gateway 8.2 offer manufacturers a complete and straight forward solution for legacy data reuse when adopting the Model Based Definition (MBD) design paradigm," said Alex Tsechansky, General Manager of ITI Proficiency, Ltd. "The new Drawing to PMI and PMI Completion Wizard products have been developed in close cooperation with leading customers and proven in production to effectively streamline and shorten MBD implementation process," added Tsechansky.
The new product release is available immediately worldwide and current customers can easily upgrade to version 8.2.
Apr 12, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio