Agreement to Provide Education Software Suites for Entertainment Creation will be Part of Training in 19 Universities throughout Spain.
Autodesk, Inc has signed an agreement with the Spanish Ministerio de Industria, Turismo y Comercio (Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade) to provide Autodesk Education Suites for Entertainment Creation to enable more focused training in 3D modeling, animation and rendering for faculty and students in 19 universities throughout Spain.
As the demand for skilled computer graphics users continues to rise, Spain is looking to increase the capabilities of its university graduates. The Spanish ministry worked with Autodesk to help identify the appropriate software to meet its goals. After researching the local games market, pipeline requirements and academic programs throughout Europe, Autodesk recommended that the universities implement the Autodesk Education Suite for Entertainment Creation.
The Suite gives students and faculty access to Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Softimage, Autodesk MotionBuilder, Autodesk Mudbox and Autodesk SketchBook Pro software, enabling aspiring film, television, games and visual effects artists to use the same technology used by professionals around the world. As part of the arrangement, Autodesk will provide a training course for teachers at the universities, bringing them up to speed on the products’ capabilities.
“We’re honored to be chosen by the Spanish Ministerio de Industria, Turismo y Comercio, to help take their students to the next level of computer graphics education,” said Joe Astroth, Ph.D., Autodesk chief education officer.
The ministry is part of Spain’s Department of General Administration of State, responsible for proposing and implementing government policy on development and industrial innovation, trade, small and medium enterprises, energy and mining, tourism, telecommunications, audiovisual and development of an information society.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets