Painting and Drawing Software Lets Consumers and Professional Illustrators Alike Transform iPad into a Digital Sketchbook.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif — Autodesk, Inc announced the availability of the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad, a new professional-grade paint and drawing application designed exclusively for the iPad.
The Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad combines high-quality digital pencils, pens, markers and airbrushes with a Multi-Touch gesture-based user interface, enabling users to create everything from quick sketches to high-quality artwork. Geared for both occasional doodlers and professional illustrators, SketchBook Pro transforms the iPad into the ultimate digital sketchbook. Using the same paint engine as its desktop and mobile counterparts, the new SketchBook Pro App for iPad delivers a complete set of sketching and painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface.
“The launch of the iPad brings both creative professionals and consumers unparalleled sketching capabilities on a mobile device,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of digital concept at Autodesk. “The SketchBook Pro App for iPad provides a fun drawing and painting environment that also applies widely to professional artists and designers from all industries.”
Key new features in the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad include:
* Full-screen 1024 x 768 work space with support for any device orientation
* An innovative Multi-Touch interface that delivers an immersive and streamlined experience
* 75 brushes with customizable settings, including synthetic pressure sensitivity and brush modes for free sketching and creating straight lines, ellipses and rectangles
* Six full-resolution layers per sketch with complete control over layer order, visibility and opacity
* A built-in, live news page that alerts artists to upcoming events and highlights featured artists and their SketchBook creations
Apr 5, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets