ANDOVER, Mass – Aras®, an enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced at the COE 2010 Annual PLM Conference & TechniFair, the premier event for Dassault Systèmes CATIA users, the availability of the latest open release of Aras Innovator, the award-winning enterprise PLM software suite. The new release download is freely available at the website.
This newest release of Aras Innovator is specifically designed for large-scale global PLM deployments. The release combines expanded enterprise manageability, advanced upgrade capabilities and enablement on the latest Microsoft platform technologies. Together these enhancements make Aras ideal for enterprise-wide PLM deployments that utilize geographically distributed data centers, private cloud resources or a hybrid environment (both on-premise and in-cloud infrastructure simultaneously).
Aras Adds Power for Global Enterprise PLM Deployments
Enhancements to Aras’s advanced PLM architecture mean that it is even more scalable, manageable and secure than ever, making Aras the most capable PLM solution for multi-national organizations and global supplier networks.
· Enterprise Virtualization – Comprehensive support for data center virtualization enabling distributed deployment scenarios across physical server infrastructure resources around the world.
· Enhanced Caching – New caching techniques optimize system calls and minimize traffic over the WAN for even faster performance worldwide, particularly on high latency networks and in low bandwidth conditions, such as the conditions that exist in emerging economies.
· Multilanguage Workflow – Workflows operate in multiple languages at the same time delivering workflow activities & instructions in the native language of each participant; critical for international business process collaboration.
· System Notifications – Multi-level system notification functionality enables system administrators to issue notices out to users and provides admins with information on service packs and security updates. User notices can be tailored to specific users, groups and/or roles.
· Expanded Security – Advanced database protection, additional system administrator controls and enhanced track & audit capabilities add to Aras’s enterprise security management capabilities.
Aras Transforms Global Enterprise PLM Upgrades
Unlike legacy PLM system upgrades, that effectively require a re-implementation and data migration, Aras is upgraded “in place” in a fraction of the time and effort because no recoding or data migration are necessary. As a result, Aras is pleased to announce that all Aras upgrades – major and minor – are now performed for customers, regardless of customization, as part of the Aras Unlimited subscription package, at no additional cost. Aras upgrades are completed in 1/10th the total time and 1/100th of the total man hours required for conventional enterprise PLM systems, even for highly customized global deployments.
“Too many companies are stuck on outdated versions of our competitors’ PLM products because it’s too expensive and too complicated to upgrade,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “We specifically designed Aras to be easily customized and have made sure that future updates will not be an issue because upgrades are free with our subscription package. We’ve removed both the technical hassles and the financial burden to ensure that customers always remain current on the latest Aras release.”
Aras Leads PLM Industry on Microsoft Platform
The newest Aras Innovator release is designed to take full advantage of the innovative and robust capabilities offered by Microsoft for global corporations that require significant scalability, high availability and comprehensive administration. The new release is enabled on the latest Microsoft platform products including:
· Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V
· Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8
· IIS 7.5 and .NET Framework 3.5
Aras Innovator is also the only enterprise PLM solution certified by Microsoft in independent testing for the entire Microsoft platform including “Certified for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2” and “Compatible with Windows 7”.
Apr 26, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio