VirtualGrid has announced the availability of VRMesh 5.0, the latest version of its powerful 3D point cloud and mesh processing software. VRMesh 5.0 gives users the power to clean and simplify large-sized point clouds, generate high-quality triangulated meshes, and recreate NURBS surfaces for further manipulation in downstream applications.
New features in v5.0 include:
* Import Large Point Clouds: Handle large point clouds in excess of one billion points using the index-attach technology. The LIDAR format (*.LAS) is supported.
* NURBS Creation: Automatically detect edge curves and construct wireframe curves to create optimized NURBS surfaces from triangle-meshed objects. NURBS surfaces can be exported in the IGES format.
* Sharpen Edges: Restore sharp edges along wireframe curves.
* Multithreading: Perform multithreaded execution automatically to support multi-core systems.
* Online License Transfer: Enable users to transfer a license from one computer to another online.
The new version also includes many updates which improve software usability and performance, such as increased accuracy for removing redundant points by adding a curvature factor; increased capability for triangulating high-noise point cloud data; and a best-fit mapping feature for manual registration. For other numerous improvements, please visit our What's new page for details.
A 64-bit edition is also available in v5.0. This allows users to take advantage of the expanded memory capacity of 64-bit computer systems to process huge datasets quickly.
The VRMesh family consists of four packages targeted to different customers:
* VRMesh Studio: A comprehensive point cloud processing and mesh modeling environment for industry users requiring reverse engineering tools and design communication in a single package.
* VRMesh Reverse: A complete workflow for users to process large point clouds and generate an accurate meshed model.
* VRMesh Forward: A step-by-step workflow to guide you from intelligent wireframe curve detection to high quality NURBS surface creation.
* VRMesh Design: An ideal solution for STL repair and conceptual design.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- SolidWorks Software Helps Bring a 30 Year Dream to Life; Re-creation of U.S.S. Missouri