Panaji, Goa – SYCODE has released Autodesk Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, CATIA V4 and CATIA V5 file import plug-ins for Rhinoceros. The plug-ins give Rhinoceros the ability to import 3D solid data from these high-end proprietary file formats.
"The four plug-ins released today take our Rhinoceros data exchange plug-in technology to the next level,” explains Deelip Menezes, Founder and CEO of SYCODE. "With these plug-ins Rhinoceros users can now collaborate effectively with users of Autodesk Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, CATIA V4 and CATIA V5.”
The plug-ins are powered by the widely used 3D InterOp technology from Spatial. 3D InterOp is the industry standard for proprietary and neutral CAD file format data exchange and is used in almost all the major CAD systems. Besides data exchange 3D InterOp also offers powerful repairing and healing features which are extensively used in the plug-ins. Repairing involves checking the file for corrupted data and fixing invalid data. Healing corrects the differences in precision. The plug-ins are engineered to make full use of the superior technology that comes with 3D InterOp. They also create detailed log files which are extremely useful in identifying data translation problems and aid in locating and fixing errors.
The Rhinoceros plug-ins have been tested to work with Rhinoceros 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 WIP (32 bit and 64 bit). All the plug-ins are available as fully functional trials. They come with installers and detailed documentation in the form of compiled HTML help files which contains step-by-step tutorials to get end users started in the shortest possible time.
More information about the add-ins and free downloads can be found at the SYCODE web site.
* Inventor Import for Rhino - http://www.sycode.com/products/inventor_import_rh/
* Pro/ENGINEER Import for Rhino - http://www.sycode.com/products/pro_engineer_import_rh/
* CATIA V4 Import for Rhino - http://www.sycode.com/products/catia_v4_import_rh/
* CATIA V5 Import for Rhino - http://www.sycode.com/products/catia_v5_import_rh/
Mar 29, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio