Sescoi demonstrated its broad range of manufacturing software at the recent India Aviation 2010 show in Hyderabad. A prestigious exhibition, India Aviation provided an opportunity for major representatives from civil aviation to visit more than 200 exhibitors, participate in conferences and see displays of helicopters, business and cargo aircraft.
Sescoi hosted visits from the French Ambassador to India, Mr Jerome Bonnafond, the Consul General de France, Mr Dominique Causse, while the Indian Minister for Civil Aviation, Mr Praful Patel, visited the French Pavilion, where the Sescoi booth was located. Numerous visitors met with Sescoi engineers who were pleased to demonstrate the range of aerospace functionality available in the latest version of Sescoi’s automatic CAD/CAM system, WorkNC.
WorkNC is widely used in the aerospace sector, in companies such as Eurocopter, Snecma Moteurs and Aerospatiale, where its automated 2, 3-axis and 5-axis toolpaths enable safety critical parts to be manufactured to extremely high standards. Parts typically have thin walled pockets with undercuts, making 5-axis machining an essential part of the manufacturing process. WorkNC’s Auto 5 software enables engineers to apply 3-axis toolpaths to the component. The Auto 5 module will then transform these moves into full 5-axis, enabling previously inaccessible areas to be cut successfully while facilitating the use of shorter and more rigid cutters, which will have a positive impact on surface quality and tool life. WorkNC’s collision avoidance and knowledge of the limitations of the machine tool warn when longer tools need to be used, and implement flip and unwind movements when the rotary axes of the machines have reached their limits, enabling machining to continue uninterrupted.
Sescoi used this show to build on its success in India, where it works in partnership with the Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers Association (IMTMA), currently participating in an ongoing series of seminars across the country. The company already has some very prestigious customers in India including Bharat Forge and Sermo ARRK India, part of the €1.8 billion ARRK Group, and is using its expertise to raise the aspirations and skill levels of Indian engineers both in CAD/CAM and in ERP and job management with its WorkPLAN Enterprise ERP system and its MyWorkPLAN job management software for custom manufacturers.
By exhibiting at the show, Sescoi is bringing its expertise to the attention of Indian aerospace suppliers, helping them to operate more efficiently and manufacture complex parts with confidence.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets