Bangalore – The MathWorks today announced Release 2010a (R2010a) of its MATLAB and Simulink product families. Key in this release are new streaming capabilities for signal processing and video processing in MATLAB, nonlinear solvers for standard and large-scale optimization, and expanded Simulink support for large teams designing complex systems. R2010a also introduces Simulink PLC Coder, which helps industrial control system engineers generate IEC 61131 structured text. This release updates 83 other products, including PolySpace code verification products.
Advancements for the MATLAB family that are part of the R2010a release include:
· Signal Processing Blockset and Video and Image Processing Blockset: New System objects for stream processing in MATLAB. Supporting more than 140 algorithms, System objects use less memory, improve the handling of lengthy signal and video data streams, and simplify the development of streaming algorithms.
· Symbolic Math Toolbox: New interface with Simscape to automatically generate Simscape language equations for physical modeling.
· Global Optimization Toolbox and Optimization Toolbox: New nonlinear solvers for more complex and realistic problems and the ability to use parallel computing to accelerate time-to-solution.
· SimBiology: Stochastic approximation expectation-maximization (SAEM), dosing schedules support, and performance enhancements for improved data fitting and modeling for pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD).
R2010a reflects a continued focus on performance within the MATLAB product family, including multicore support and performance enhancements for more than 50 functions in Image Processing Toolbox, and additional multithreaded math functions in MATLAB. There are also enhancements to file sharing, path management, and the desktop in MATLAB.
With this release, Simulink offers expanded support for large design teams, enabling them to design complex systems more efficiently. These capabilities include tunable parameter structures for management of large parameter sets and triggered model blocks and function-call branching for component-based modeling.
Other Simulink 2010a highlights designed for more efficient embedded system development include:
· Embedded IDE Link and Target Support Package: Code generation support for Eclipse, Embedded Linux, and ARM processors, which provides simplified embedded system development workflows for systems engineers and software engineers.
· IEC Certification Kit: ISO/DIS 26262 tool qualification support for Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder and PolySpace verification products, easing certification of ECUs developed to Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) A through ASIL D.
· DO Qualification Kit: DO-178B tool qualification support extended to model coverage, which expands the certification credit possible with model verification.
The new release is available immediately and is being provided to users with current subscriptions to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service.
Mar 8, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio