There is still time to register for the Collaboration and Interoperability Congress, May 3 – 5, 2010.
Milford, OH – ITI TranscenData announced today that it is sponsoring the Collaboration and Interoperability Congress (CIC), being organized by Longview Advisors in Estes Park, CO May 3 – 5, 2010. CIC brings together experts and executives from a wide range of discrete manufacturing industries, as well as representatives from government and defense communities, to discuss the latest issues in collaboration and interoperability. The meeting of international professionals explores the current challenges and opportunities of sharing design data and bridging the divides within the product development process.
“ITI TranscenData has supported CIC since its inception six years ago. We appreciate the value this forum brings to companies seeking solutions for the costly and time consuming challenges associated with data interoperability.” said ITI TranscenData President, Don Hemmelgarn. This year ITI TranscenData will go a step further by offering CIC attendees the additional value of a CATIA V4 to CATIA V5 Workshop. This specific area of CAD Interoperability is one of the largest issues facing OEM’s and suppliers due to the impending sundown of the legacy V4 format.
Immediately following the close of the CIC Congress at noon on May 5th, ITI TranscenData will sponsor a complimentary lunch workshop for those who want to learn more about migrating from CATIA V4 to V5. Solutions that cost effectively handle the entire migration process while mitigating risks and ensuring quality will be presented.
Topics presented will include:
- V4 to V5 Migration Best Practices and Case Studies
- Feature Based Migration - Scope and Use Cases
- Associative Drawing Migration - Scope and Use Cases
- Completion Wizards for 3D and 2D Data
- Validation via CADIQ
- 2D to 3D PMI (Product Manufacturing Information) Upgrading, plus 3D PMI Quality Checking
- Upgrading Product Data for Model Based Design (MBD) initiatives
As a special feature, ITI TranscenData will give attendees a first look at the latest Draw to PMI technology that has been added to the Proficiency solution. There will also be an open discussion with attendees regarding their unique industry needs, such as specific data types and design methodologies found in Aerospace and Automotive.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio