Chennai - Global IT and engineering consulting leader Barry-Wehmiller International Resources (BWIR) was presented with the prestigious EPCES Export Award for outstanding performance in 2008 during a glittering function held in New Delhi last night.
Union Commerce and Industry Minister Shri. Anand Sharma presented the award to Senthil Kumar, Vice President and Senior Partner of BWIR, for stewarding the company's success under the Category-II Product Specific SEZ SSI.
Following the award ceremony, Senthil stated, "This is a proud moment for me and makes me extremely happy to receive this prestigious award on behalf of my entire team. This is recognition for India's growing skill sets in the manufacturing domain globally. Government recognition of our efforts is very rewarding and adds the right incentive for taking Indian technology prowess worldwide. Our dream is to take BWIR to even greater heights as we continue to provide world-class service and delivery." The EPCES Export Award is instituted by the Export-Oriented Units and Special Economic Zones (EPCES) to promote export activity, providing substantial employment opportunities and thereby accelerating the pace of economic growth.
Barry-Wehmiller International Resources (BWIR) is a global provider of business and technology solutions to the mid-market manufacturing domain. With headquarters in St. Louis, Mo., and global delivery operations strategically located to meet customer needs throughout the U.S., Europe, Southeast Asia and South America, BWIR offers world-class engineering services, enterprise consulting, and information and technology solutions that enable its clients to achieve a competitive edge in their marketplace.
In fiscal year 2009, Barry-Wehmiller leveraged a strategic combination of organic and acquisition growth to achieve revenues of nearly $1 billion. Barry-Wehmiller now employs more than 5,200 team members in over 50 locations worldwide.
Mar 10, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets